Euro Connection 2019 - Call for Applications
3rd September 2018
Apply now for the next Euro Connection short film pitching programme at Clermont-Ferrand.
Euro Connection aims to foster partnerships between European production companies, funders, broadcasters and emerging filmmakers for short film projects. The next edition will take place during the 2019 Clermont-Ferrand International Short Film Festival in France. The pitching forum will take place on 5-6 February 2019 and will feature pitching sessions, one-to-one business meetings and facilitated networking for producers and participants.
Who can apply?
Producers who are officially located in one of the countries associated to the 2019 edition: Austria, Belgium (French-speaking), Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark,Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands & Flanders, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and the UK.
- The project must be a short film (animation, fiction, creative documentary)
- The duration must not exceed 40 minutes
- The project must have partial funding granted by an external source (third- party organisation)
- The producer must be open to international co-production (project suitable or intended for co-production)
- Shooting or production must start no earlier than May 2019
- Any producer selected with a project must commit to attend personally and pitch.
***Full guidelines and application forms can be downloaded on the top right corner of this page. Please read all guidelines thoroughly and in their entirety before making an application***
Applications and all supporting documents must come from a producer.
The producer of any selected project will be invited to Euro Connection (limited to one person per production company) to pitch their project.
The invitation covers:
- €160 travel grant
- Four hotel nights and meals (arrival Sunday 3 Feb, departure Thursday 7 Feb. 2019)
- Full accreditation to the Short Film Market in Clermont-Ferrand
Directors of the projects will be granted a free market accreditation and can apply for a contribution towards travel and hotel costs via the Travel Grant Scheme.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 20 October 2018.
For more information about the Clermont-Ferrand International Short Film Festival click here.