Call for participants: Vietnam film and music heritage
Local musicians performing a live score to the film A Hanoi City Symphony: The Sound We See (March 2019, Heritage Space, Hanoi) © Heritage Space
8th May 2019
The British Council is delighted to be offering the opportunity for six UK based practitioners to participate in a Research and Development Tour in Vietnam in June 2019.
This R&D tour aims to broker connections between arts organisations and practitioners from the UK and Vietnam, towards future collaborations, as part of the on-going Vietnam initiative Heritage of Future Past - a two-year programme that seeks to engage – through contemporary and cross-disciplinary practice – with Vietnam’s heritage in music and film.
We are looking for UK-based arts practitioners, producers and organisations who:
- Work in the UK arts and culture scene with a focus in music, film or multi-disciplinary practices;
- Have an independent capacity to develop, fundraise, realise and produce future projects;
- Can outline a motivation or interest in exploring the histories and contemporary developments associated with various forms and expressions of Vietnamese music, film or archiving;
- Have a strong interest in developing collaborative projects with Vietnam-based practitioners and organisations, towards developing long-term connections between the two scenes.
- Have a track record of producing high quality collaborative artistic projects or work.
You can download more information and details of how to apply here.
The deadline for submission of applications is 8 May 2019.