Euro Connections 2014 Call for Projects Now Open
Holiday at The Seaside, prod. Dora Nedeczky, the UK's qualifying project at Euro Connections 2013
Sep 2012 | Clermont-Ferrand
British Council is pleased to be managing the UK Call for Projects for the Clermont-Ferrand European Short Film Co-production Forum 2014, which takes place each year at Euro Connections within the festival's Short Film Market.
Euro Connections aims to foster partnerships between European production companies, funders and broadcasters for short film projects. It takes place during the 2014 Festival on Tuesday 4th (pitching sessions) and Wedneday 5th February (one-to-one business meetings).
- The project should be a short film (animation, fiction, documentary).
- The project must have partial funding secured in its country of origin.*
- The project is being developed with a serious approach to European co-production.
- The project’s total duration does not exceed 40 minutes.
- Shooting will start no earlier than May 2014.
*No minimum amount is required, yet the partial funding secured must come from a third party organisation (i.e script development grant, production fund, state or local government support, investment from a broadcaster, prize money from a foundation or contest, etc.) In-kind contributions or investment share from the original production company are not considered valid as acquired partial funding in the respect of this selection procedure.
In order to be eligible, producers or production companies must meet the following criteria:
• Production companies must be officially located in one of the 15 countries associated to the 2014 edition: Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Sweden, United Kingdom.
Any producer applying with a projects commits to attend personally and pitch the project in case of selection.
The guidelines and application form can be downloaded on the top right hand corner of this page. Please read all guidelines thoroughly and in their entirety before making an application.
Applications and all supporting documents must come from a producer and should be sent as follows:
1 x electronic copy to:
3 x hard copies to:
British Council Film
10 Spring Gardens
The selected producer/production will be invited to Euro Connections where meals and accomodation will be covered for the duration of the stay (limited to one person per project). Travel costs will be covered by British Council for selected UK participants.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 5pm Thursday, October 31st 2013.
For more information about the Clermont-Ferrand International Short Film Festival click here .