When ten year old Megan Lancaster meets a grizzly and untimely end, Sam is forced to return to the remote tidal island where he grew up to attend the funeral.
A testing relationship with his disconnected parents, a reunion with his estranged girlfriend Rachel, and a cryptic message from the island’s doctor force Sam to investigate the events leading up to Megan’s tragic death.
The truth is far more shocking and unbelievable than Sam wants to acknowledge, and his life begins to spiral out of control in a macabre descent of paranoia.
Sam must race against tide and time to expose the seedy underbelly of the island – and to save the lives of those he loves.
Debut feature film from director Richard Rowntree. A disturbing folk horror film which taps into our primal fear of what lurks in the woods.
- Type of film
- Running Time
- 116 mins
- Digital Film
- Richard Rowntree 1st Feature
- Matthew Davies, Christopher Foulser, Richard Rowntree, Lee Wignall
- James Griffiths, Craig Dormer
- Executive Producer
- Nigel Brett, Tim Fuell, Stuart Croll, Mark Stanton
- Lee Wignall
- Matthew Davies, Richard Rowntree
- Director of Photography
- Christopher Foulser
- Production Designer
- Melanie Wignall
- Joel Summers
- James Griffiths
- Principal Cast
- Toby Wynn-Davies, Sam Saunders, Debra Leigh-Taylor, Tony Parkin, Philip Ridout, Jo Southwell, Tony Manders, Aiysha Jebali, Nadia Lamin, Nick Stopien
- Costume Designer
- James Blakemore-Hoy
- Sound Designer
- Chiara Cabri
Please let us know if we need to make any amendments to this Film entry mailing us directly at
Last updated 12th July 2017