Film Stars Don’t Die in Liverpool
The story of the playful, but passionate relationship between Peter Turner, a young British actor, and the eccentric Academy Award-winning actress Gloria Grahame (who rose to fame in the 1940s) in her later years.
What starts as a vibrant affair between a legendary femme fatale and her young lover, quickly grows into a deeper relationship, with Turner being the one person she allows herself to turn to for comfort and strength. But, their passion and lust for life is ultimately tested to the limits by events beyond their control.
Based on the memoir by British actor Peter Turner.
Official Selection Rotterdam International Film Festival 2018
- Type of film
- Running Time
- 105 mins
- Paul McGuigan
- Barbara Broccoli, Colin Vaines
- Executive Producer
- Stuart Ford, Zygi Kamasa, Paul McGuigan, Michael G. Wilson
- Nick Emerson
- Matt Greenhalgh (script), Peter Turner (memoir)
- Director of Photography
- Urszula Pontikos
- Production Designer
- Eve Stewart
- Paul Davies, John Midgley
- J. Ralph
- Principal Cast
- Annette Bening, Jamie Bell, Julie Walters, Vanessa Redgrave, Kenneth Cranham, Stephen Graham, Frances Barber, Leanne Best
Please let us know if we need to make any amendments to this Film entry mailing us directly at
Last updated 23rd January 2018