Mary Shelley (aka A Storm in the Stars)
The story of the love affair between poet Percy Shelley and 18 year old Mary Wollstonecraft, and the creation of Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley's seminal novel 'Frankenstein'.
Mary Wollstonecraft Godwin and Percy Shelley are outsiders, constrained by polite society but bound together by a natural chemistry and progressive ideas that are beyond the boundaries of their age and time.
Mary and Percy declare their love for each other and much to her family's horror they elope together, joined by Mary's half sister Claire. At Lord Byron's house at Lake Geneva the idea of Frankenstein is conceived when a challenge is put to all house guests to write a ghost story. An incredible character is created but society at the time puts little value in a woman writing such a literary masterpiece, and Mary at the tender age of 18 is forced to challenge this society to protect her monster and forge her own identity.
- Type of film
- Running Time
- 115 mins
- Haifaa Al-Mansour
- Amy Baer, Ruth Coady, Alan Moloney
- Orlagh Collins, David Grumbach
- Executive Producer
- Mark Amin, Tyler Boehm, Joannie Burstein, Johanna Hogan, Phil Hunt, Emma Jensen, Rebecca Miller, Compton Ross, Cami Winikoff
- Alex Mackie
- Haifaa Al-Mansour, Emma Jensen, Conor McPherson
- Director of Photography
- David Ungaro
- Production Designer
- Paki Smith
- Principal Cast
- Elle Fanning, Douglas Boothe, Tom Sturridge, Bel Powey, Stephen Dillane, Maisie Williams, Ben Hardy, Joanne Froggatt