Three highly acclaimed directors join together to direct three interwoven stories that take place during a journey from Central Europe to Rome. The charcters connect through casual encounters and set forth a story of love, chance and sacrifice.
One older businessman finds solace and a new insight into life when he is forced to wait at the train station due to bad weather. A young man is reminded of life's obligations but is also introduced to love. And three Scottish youths on their way to the football match of their dreams are forced to open their eyes and see the bigger picture.
One single train journey sparks many changes for many people. This is a film about priviledge and exclusion, and the reality of the value of just one 'Ticket'.
- Type of film
- Ermanno Olmi, Abbas Kiarostani, Ken Loach
- Carlo Cresto-Dina, Babak Karimi, Rebecca O' Brien, Domenico Procacci
- Giovanni Ziberna, Babak Karimi, Jonathan Morris
- Ermanno Olmi, Abbas Kiarostami, Paul Laverty
- Director of Photography
- Fabio Olmi, Mahmud Kalari, Chris Menges
- Francesco Liotard, Maricetta Lombardo, Ray Beckett
- George Fenton
- Principal Cast
- Carlo Delle Piane, Valeria Bruni Tedeschi, Silvana De Santis, Filippo Trojano, Martin Compston, William Ruane, Gary Maitland, Blerta Cahani, Klajdi Qorraj
Please let us know if we need to make any amendments to this Film entry mailing us directly at
Last updated 7th September 2006