Based on David Harrower's play 'Blackbird' charting a young woman’s journey to reclaim her past.
Fifteen years earlier, Una ran away with an older man, Ray, a crime for which he was arrested and imprisoned. When she comes across a photo of him in a trade magazine, Una tracks him down and turns up at his workplace. Her abrupt arrival threatens to destroy Ray’s new life and derail her stability.
Unspoken secrets and buried memories surface as Una and Ray sift through the wreckage of the past. Their confrontation raises unanswered questions and unresolved longings. It will shake them both to the core.
This story gazes into the heart of a devastating form of love and asks if redemption is possible.
Official Selection BFI London Film Festival 2016 - Official Competition
- Type of film
- Running Time
- 94 mins
- Benedict Andrews 1st Feature
- Jean Doumanian, Patrick Daly, Maya Amsellem
- Executive Producer
- Ron Burkle, Terry Allen Kramer, George S. Kaufman, Kevin Loader, David Kosse, Sam Lavender, Robbie Allen, Aaron L. Gilbert, Jason Cloth, Andrew Pollack, Eve Schoukroun, Sharon Harel-Cohen
- Nick Fenton
- David Harrower (screenplay and original play)
- Director of Photography
- Thimios Bakatakis
- Production Designer
- Fiona Crombie
- Danny Hambrook
- Jed Kurzel
- Principal Cast
- Rooney Mara, Ben Mendelsohn, Riz Ahmed