EFP Producers on the Move
Producers on the Move, a European Film Promotion (EFP) programme, supports up-and-coming producers from 20 European countries to strengthen their industry networks at the Cannes Film Festival.
Following a rigorous selection process, the successful producers take part in project pitching, one-to-one meetings, workshops, social events and an extensive press campaign, which includes online presentation and profiles in the international trades.
Our UK alumni nominees are a strong bunch, responsible for some of the most exciting films in recent years, including I Am Not A Witch (pictured), produced by Emily Morgan in 2017, American Honey (2016), 45 Years (2015), and The Selfish Giant (2013).
In 2020, while Cannes Film Festival was cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic, EFP took the programme completely online, and we were delighted to support Rupert Lloyd (Theeb) as the UK's nominated producer.
The programme is open to 20 producers from 20 different European countries. The final selection of the 20 participants is based on a point system based on these criteria:
- has experience in at least one international co-production. The selection process favours producers who have been majority producers in at least one but no more than three international co-productions
- has had a feature length film screened in the international section at a major festival
- has a strong project suitable for an international co-production.
The producer's feature length film(s) have:
- been awarded best film in their home country (ie was the recipient of a national film award)
- had a theatrical release and/or a VoD / SVoD / DVD / TV release outside of the production countries involved.
Sign up to our newsletter to receive Producers on the Move updates.
Our previous Producers on the Move are:
- 2019 - Emily Morgan
- 2017 - Chris Martin
- 2016 - Lucas Ochoa
- 2014 - Tristan Goligher
- 2013 - Andrea Cornwell
- 2012 - Tracy O'Riordan
- 2011 - Sam Haillay
- 2010 - Isabelle Stead
- 2009 - Adrian Sturges
- 2008 - Laura Hastings-Smith
- 2007 - Elaine Wickham
- 2006 - Ken Marshall
- 2005 - Gayle Griffiths
- 2003 - Stella Nwimo
- 2002 - Andreas Bajohra
- 2001 - Ildiko Kemény
- 2000 - Leslee Udwin
Nominations for Producers on the Move 2020 are now closed.
You might also be interested in:
Sign up to our newsletter
Get the latest updates and advice on applications, scholarships, visas and events.